Welcome to the Germany Information Website; created by a proud military ex-spouse...lol! All military and civilians moving to, and/or living in Germany, should find the information and photos on this site to be very helpful. This information will hopefully ease your mind about your upcoming move and will keep you going during your tour. This site is geared towards the Kaiserslautern Military community, or the KMC, but will be helpful no matter where in Germany you are moving to. The KMC includes Ramstein AB, Landstuhl, Vogelweh, Sembach, Kapaun, and ROB. Please enjoy your time here, and I hope you find some useful information that will help you on your Germany adventure.

Tschuß ~Christy Parish~

Friday, April 2, 2010

New Changes & 10 Years on the web!

Hi! Welcome to the "ALL NEW" Germany Information Website. With time, come changes. We are celebrating our 10th year on the web, and boy have we come a long way! Originally, I started posting information on our family site. I started adding information and photos that I thought my family would enjoy seeing about our new home in Germany. I ended up adding more and more information, and ended up thinking, "You know, someone moving here may benefit from this information." So, in November of 2000, I moved everything from our family site, over to it's own new site. This new site is what you know as "The Germany Information Website". Thank you to all of my loyal visitors and I welcome all of you newcomers. You will notice some changes here and I hope you find this site easier to navigate. As you may know, I am no longer in Germany and need your help with updating my site. Please help me by sending me new information and photos, or correcting outdated information. My new site is much easier to update, so come on and send me new information when you can. Below are a few things that I am looking for, but will be grateful for anything you can send me.
  • new photos of the outside of random houses off base
  • photos of General housing on Ramstien
  • some outside photos of the new townhomes
  • photo of the new KMCC
  • photos of some of the new play areas on Ramstein in housing
  • photos of the new pool on Ramstein
  • new information - what are they doing with the old bx on Ramstein?
  • any info on the new KMCC, your thoughts, likes, dislikes
Please email me with and comments or suggestions that you may have for my site. I want to be able to keep this up and running with current information. I can't do this without your help. I am asking that you please not email me with questions about moving to Germany. For the first couple of years, I would get several emails a week and would personally answer them all. I just don't have time for that and that is why I have the message board and Facebook page. Please join those groups at the left of the site and you can ask all of your questions there. You will get great information from people who are living there; often from more than one person. I like this because you will get more than one person's point of view on things.

You will find all of the information you need at the menu above or in the archives to the right. Well, I hope you like the new site, and again, I appreciate all of the help and information you can send me or any suggestions you may have! And thanks again for keeping us on the web for 10 years!

Tschuß,
Christy Parish

No comments:

Post a Comment